Frequently Asked Dictation/ Transcription Questions:
1. How does Brown & Meyers' Internet-based platform work?
Simply dictate into our secure server via any touch-tone telephone or cell phone, 24/7/365. Or upload your hand held digital recorder files to our platform. As soon as you complete your dictation, you’re issued a voice-prompted tracking number. No special equipment is needed on your end.
2. What kind of cost savings can I expect from outsourcing?
An average letter, about 30 lines, dictated and transcribed in-house costs between $20 and $30. That same letter, outsourced to Brown & Meyers costs about $4.35.
3. What is your turnaround time?
Regular priority dictations can be transcribed in 24 hours. If you need something done as a high priority, we can have a 4 hour turn around time. Contact us
for more information about requesting a high priority job.4. How are completed reports returned to us?
You may log on to the platform and retrieve your completed documents at your convenience, or your reports can be automatically e-mailed to you via secure e-mail.
5. Is your dictation/transcription platform compatible with other dictation/transcription platforms?
6. Do your employees and transcriptionists sign confidentiality agreements and HIPAA business agreements?
7. Do you offer a free trial for your medical and legal transcription services?
Please contact Sharding@brownmeyers.com to set up your free trial today!
8. What if I have an analog tape or a one-time transcription need?
Digital files can be uploaded to our secure FTP server. You can also send tapes to Brown & Meyers by mail to our Maine address. If you are mailing your media to us, we highly recommend that you use UPS or FedEx with a tracking number. Please note that there is a conversion fee for all tapes. We are happy to offer courier services to pick up your tapes, for a fee. For more information on this, please contact our office.
9. How are my reports, generated from electronic digital files or tapes, returned to me?
You can receive them via secure e-mail, download them from our secure FTP site, via fax, or mail.
You can receive them via e-mail, download them from our secure FTP site, via fax, or mail.