Key System Features of WebChartMD, our web-based dictation/transcription portal:
WebChartMD allows providers and their staff to process documents directly from their web account, including:
- Security and HIPAA Compliance: All documents carry two different auditing controls which log in every document access. Staff can be assigned up to 16 different permission levels for document access and control, and all documents rest on servers in a biometrically controlled environment at 256-bit encryption. Secure client email communication happens via Sharefile by Citrix and secure cloud-based faxing happens via Classifax by OTT Communications.
- EHR interfacing: Brown & Meyers’ web-based technology is designed to help physicians regain lost productivity through an increased use of dictation in their workflow. Our web-based technology integrates and compliments your EHR use through an automated import of transcribed documents into the patient’s record within the EHR. In some cases, interfacing can be complimentary.
- Fully customizable call-in dictation system: Physicians get used to a certain call-in dictation workflow, and the Brown & Meyers system can completely mimic your current phone system’s workflow and keypad entries – all the way down to retaining the physician’s current ID.
- Digital hand-held recorder dictation: WebChartMD is compatible with virtually any brand of hand-held digital recorder on the market. For most newer recorder models, there is no requirement for the recorder’s software to be installed on the user’s computer, which makes installation and use of the upload tool faster and easier.
- Smartphone dictation: Physicians can use their iPhone or Droid smartphones to dictate patient notes wherever and whenever, with encrypted file transfer into the workflow.
- Off-site Scribe capability: Reduce cost of on-site / in-room Scribes by using Brown & Meyers’ off-site Scribe capabilities. Our Scribes can document the patient encounter via a real-time connection to the exam room, or via batch transmissions of completed patient documentation throughout the day.
- Read or View Only: Allows read-only access to documents. The key driver for how a “read or view only” function will be implemented is: what (or who) needs protection: the data, or the user? Is it the data that needs to be protected from users, or, do users (or network systems) need to be protected from security risks? Read More
- Combined Open: Allows MTs or clients to highlight individual or batches of documents and combine all into one continuous document. Perfect for clients with sticky paper.
- Online document review and editing: Edit and process patient notes through our online application, which provides anytime/anywhere document access in a HIPAA compliant environment. WebChartMD’s unique asynchronous document editing capability means users can open as many documents as they wish from the website, make changes as needed and save all documents back to their online account.
- E-sign and countersign: Attending physicians can e-sign their own documents and countersign the e-signed documents of residents or other associated care providers.
- Download: This feature allows users to download single or batches of documents to a local computer and specified file location.
- Fax / Autofax. WebChart’s sophisticated faxing system allows for manual or auto- faxing of single or multiple document Autofax on a variety of triggers at both the sending (i.e. by provider) or receiving (i.e. referring or recipient physician) levels, including: autofax upon arrival to Inbox; upon being finalized; or, upon being e-signed.
- Print / Autoprint: Print envelopes & copies. Allows users to highlight rows in their inbox, and #10 envelopes and recipient copies for all cc’d recipients will automatically print to specific printers/trays.
- Electronic CC Review: This feature allows courtesy copies to be sent electronically between providers within the same health system rather than via fax or mail.
- Document archiving: 100% of all transcribed notes are archived and searchable on-line, 24/7, regardless of when they were transcribed. Document archiving insures continuity of care in the event of EHR downtime.
- Manage multiple locations: With this feature, staff view of documents is segregated to their respective locations while physician sees documents for all locations.
- Search / Sort: Documents are never removed from your clients’ online accounts, so they have the ability to always access all documents you’ve ever transcribed.