Medical Transcription Services
Brown & Meyers has been providing medical transcription services nationwide for 25+ years—decades of experience in all major and sub medical specialties including:
Clinics, Physician Offices & Subspecialty Groups
- Bariatric Surgery
- Family Medicine
- General Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Laboratory Medicine
- Occupational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Physical Therapy
- Plastic Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
Our medical transcription services are very focused. Because we prefer to work with the same medical professionals day after day, we primarily serve the clinical side of the medical transcription industry. This includes:
- Private and group physician practices
- Multi-specialty clinics
- Hospital-based clinics
- Ambulatory surgical centers
- Small hospitals
Brown & Meyers provides a full end-to-end transcription services for:
- social work
- Marriage, family and child counseling
- Behavioral health
- Addiction medicine
Mental health transcription services for psychiatrists, psychologists and other mental health professionals provide an important medical service to patients, however their needs differ greatly from other medical professions. Because you deal with a patient’s mental health history and status, clinical notes are often more varied than other professions, and commonly include longer narratives instead of standard medical terms or phrases. These notes often include American slang or words that non-native English speakers might not understand. Mental health professional notes run the gamut of everything that was discussed with the patient, which varies widely with each case.
Some of the types of reports we regularly transcribe for in this industry include:
- Advisory Board Meetings
- Breakout Sessions
- Conference Calls
- Dinners and Presentations (including Physician Q&A)
- Doctor’s Notes
- Focus Groups
- General Meetings
- Investigators’ Meetings
- Market Research
- Medical presentations
- Patient Sessions
- Roundtable Discussions
- Verbatim Medical Transcripts
- Hardcopy Documents Transcribed Into MS Word
By focusing on the clinic side of our industry we can provide our clients with excellent quality as we pair them with their own transcriptionists. We strongly encourage open and constructive dialogue between our clients and their transcriptionist(s). We do not utilize pools where transcriptionists transcribe whatever dictation is next in the queue. We enjoy forming long-term relationships with our clients, both on the management and the transcriptionist side. The majority of our transcriptionists have been with us for 15+ years.
Choose Brown & Meyers as your Medical Transcription Provider
- Quality: You get your very own transcriptionists with open communication. 95% of our transcriptionists have been with us since the very beginning!
- Turnaround: 24-hour turnaround time, on time every time, or sooner
- Security: HIPAA compliant and secure
- Solutions custom tailored to each individual client
- Microsoft Word based
- 24/7/365 email support
- We listen and respond. Our best ideas often come from our clients
- In most cases, no long term yearly contracts
- Our technology partner, WecChartMD, constantly invests in new technologies that enable our clients to provide better health care to their patients.
What Sets Brown & Meyers Apart?
No pools. Each dictator has at least one transcriptionist assigned to them. This helps us to really nail down quality as “your” transcriptionist will become intimately familiar on your cadence, vocabulary, format style(s), et cetera. AND we encourage communication between you and your transcriptionist, if you so desire. If your transcription company utilizes a pool of transcriptionists, meaning work is available on a first come, first serve basis, you will not receive reliable and consistent quality, period!
100% United States based and operated, REALLY. Sure, lots of our competitors say this on their websites but sometimes this is just not the case. Some sure-fire ways to tell if your transcription is being done offshore are as follows:
- Lines rates below $.13 cents per line.
- Common American culture words are spelled incorrectly like Mary Hut instead of Marriott Hotel,
- You cannot communicate with your transcriptionist(s) as they are sleeping when you are working.
- Type the company name into Google followed by pvt. ltd. and you will likely see their offshore location(s). For example: Imedx pvt. ltd.
- Ask for a tour of their facility where the transcriptionists are physically located.
You will want to know if your transcription company does utilize offshore subcontractors. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) defines an offshore subcontractor as follows: “The term subcontractor refers to any organization that a Medicare Advantage Organization or Part D sponsor contracts with to fulfill or help fulfill requirements in their Part C and/or Part D contracts. Subcontractors include all first-tier, downstream and/or related entities. The term offshore refers to any country that is not within the United States or one of the United States territories (American Samoa, Guam, Northern Marianas, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands). Examples of countries that meet the definition of ‘offshore’ include Mexico, Canada, India, Germany, and Japan. Offshore subcontractors provide services that are performed by workers located in offshore countries, regardless of whether the workers are employees of American or foreign companies.”
Having your vendor complete an “Offshoring of Protected Health Information Attestation” can provide additional assurance that your transcription is being conducted inside the United States. See a sample attestation questionnaire here: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/johns_hopkins_healthcare/downloads/Offshoring%20of%20PHI%20Attestation_Final%20070816.pdf
Fantastic Support: We answer all telephone calls by the second ring and emails within the hour.