It’s 9:30 a.m. and already your tension is building. To answer a client’s question, you flip through documents, certain the answer is just seconds away. However, it’s a large file and the minutes turn into a half hour. Meanwhile, the phone is ringing and your email is pinging. You know it’s time to take charge and digitize your office, but where on earth to begin? Simple, you call Brown & Meyers.
Simple Document Scanning Process
Brown & Meyers has been scanning and digitizing legal documents for years, and we can efficiently and confidentially scan your documents, as well. The process is quite simple:
- SSAE 16-certified Brown & Meyers will pick up your documents at your office. If you prefer, you may deliver the documents to our office in Scarborough, Maine. If you have a large scanning project, we can process your documents on-site, right at your office.
- We take out staples and scan your documents.
- We name your digital files so that they match the names of your printed files.
- We save your files in PDF format or whichever format you require.
- If you like, the Brown & Meyers team will “OCR” your digital documents so you and your practice management team can find what you need when you need it. (OCR or Optical Character Recognition is a technology that converts scanned documents or digital images into editable and searchable data.)
- We return your scanned documents on secure DVDs or we can save them to an electronic cloud storage system.
- Finally, we return your organized documents to you or destroy them, per your instructions.
A Smart Business Decision
Besides reducing stress, digitizing documents is good for business. Here’s how:
- Valuable floor space becomes an asset rather than a liability
- Saves time, freeing up valuable billable hours
- Documents are safe and secure even if your office is vandalized or destroyed
- Keeps unauthorized people away from confidential information
- Authorized stakeholders have remote access to firm files from almost anywhere, 24/7
In addition to the reasons above, scanning your documents will allow you to convert your office to a fully integrated practice management software system such as Clio, Rocket Matter, or MyCase when you are ready to do so.
Good for now, good for later.
If you’d like more information about our legal scanning and OCR services, contact Brown & Meyers at 1-800-785-7505 or e-mail us at Info@BrownMeyers.com.